Tuesday, February 27, 2007

HOME, SWEET HOME

It looks like everything is on go and I will close on my new house this Friday. Of course, that is still unofficial. I have not actually received word from the title company, but if not Friday, then probably the first of next week.

Why move? Well, there are several reasons. Mostly to down-size a bit. My house right now is a tad over 3,000 sq. ft; and thats a lotta house for just me. I am also trying to save myself a little bit of yard work. I am actually only reducing the amount of acreage from 3 to 2.5 acres, but the main thing is that this new yard does not have bunches of flower beds to weed, brick walkways to weed eat around, or a brick patio that has to be constantly sprayed to keep the weeds from growing between the bricks. Another thing that appeals to me is that my new house is quite a bit younger, which means fewer problems to fix. Things are just always breaking and in need of repair here. Hopefully I will have better luck with a younger home.

But the most appealing reason to move to this particular house is that it is only about 2 miles from where Jonathan and Erin have purchased some land. They plan to build their first house sometime this year. The sad thing though, is that Windy is about 50 miles away, which doesn't seem quite fair. I am determined to begin a new tradition with Blake, Carter, and Dawson this summer. I think it is about time they have their own special time with GranGran, don't you?

More photos to come after I get settled in...

5 comments:

Michael said...

I agree with your thinking. It's not the mowing that bugs me, it's everything else you have to do to keep the yard looking good. And I think it's a great idea to start having special time with the grandkids over the summer. Many of my best childhood memories are from those one week every summer visits at Maw-Maw's.

Melissa said...

I like your new pad! Mostly, because it reminds me of the house I grew up in on Calderwood. It looks a lot like it...anyone else think so?
I'm with Michael too, on the whole "one week" visits to Deadwood....some of the best memories ever!

Caci said...

yes, create those wonderful memories with the grandkids while they are still young! They will always cherish those memories! I have 3 more that would love to tag along with them.....is 6 too many? LOL

Windy Smith said...

I am sure the boys will be glad to come help you "break" in you new house!!!

Papa said...

Just when I start to like one, you up and change on me. your criteria for making the right decision is right on target though; what makes you happy is the right way to go my smart little daughter.

I'm sure you've considered taking rootings from the "old bamboo jungle" with you in order to Incarcerate (opps. . . meant, occupy the time of ) the boys. The beauty of this arrangement being, put 'em in in the morning, take 'em out at night if they're near enough to be seen. BUT, If you can still hear 'em, you can leave 'em till the next day.

the only additional things they'll need to really enjoy themselves are a few matches to start the fire to cook their meals, and a pellet gun to hunt fresh game for grilling. WOW! What a good time they'll have.

GOOD GranGran! GOOD GranGran!